Customize the search behavior in Product Search for WooCommerce by selecting from the following search strategies. Navigate to Products Search > "Search" block in your WordPress admin dashboard to configure your preferred strategy.
What is a Search Strategy?
Classic search is a fallback search method that uses your existing WordPress and server resources to find results.
AI search is a search method that uses OpenAI to find results. It is more accurate than classic search, but it incurs a cost per search.
How Search Strategies Work
Product Search for WooCommerce offers three search strategies:
- Try both classic and AI searches simultaneously, displaying whichever results come first
- If classic results show up first, wait for AI results to load. Once AI results arrive, it will combine the search results with AI and classic
- The plugin will recommend AI-founded products in search results by highlighting them
In Hybrid search strategy, the plugin will try to use classic and AI searches simultaneously. If classic results show up first, it will wait for AI results to load. Once AI results arrive, it will combine the search results with AI and classic. It's recommended to use this strategy for the best search experience.
- Skip the classic search and exclusively use and wait for the AI response
The plugin will only use AI search. If no search results are found, it will NOT fall back to classic search. This strategy is recommended if you want to exclusively use AI search and are willing to wait for the results.
- Use classic search only. While not as efficient as AI, it incurs no extra cost
The plugin will only use classic search. If no search results are found, it will NOT request AI search. This strategy is recommended if you want to exclusively use classic search and are willing to sacrifice the search experience.
Choose the search strategy that best suits your preferences and requirements for an optimized search experience in your WooCommerce store